Sunday, January 23, 2005

Good Call

Now, normally I'm all for the Army's research into non-lethal weapons. For example, I think the microwave guns we may be deploying to Iraq in the near future are a very promising (and morally acceptable) way to deal with insurgencies that use civilian populations as their cover. However, I can't help but feel that we made the right decision in nixing our research into "an aphrodisiac to spur homosexual activity among enemy troops." Questions of efficacy aside (I seem to remember that the Spartans were pretty good fighters when they weren't boning each other), I'm not sure our current administration would have the political will to use this weapon in Iraq. At the very least, we would see some serious grinding of George Bush's mental gears as the mutual incompatibility of two major policy goals became apparent ("are you telling me I have to spread cheeks to spread liberty?").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home